The United States is one travel destination that has continued to attract more and more Nigerians. Home to some of the best in entertainment, business, and technology, this comes as no surprise. The US also ranks as one of top tourist spots in the world. Today, there exists a wide range of tourist attractions in the United States such as amusement parks, festivals, gambling, golf courses, historical buildings and landmarks, hotels, museums, galleries, outdoor recreation, spas, restaurants and sports.
What do I need to know before I apply for the US visa?
There are several types of visas to the US including: student visa; business visa and immigration visa. You will also need evidence of flight and hotel booking.
What are the US Visa Requirements?
Find below the requirements for US visa application. However, Aviator Travels will help you facilitate the process when you book affordable flights and affordable hotels.
The DS-160 and instructions for completing it can be found on the Consular Electronic Application Centre at http://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV
How Can I Apply Now?
- the first step is to get an interview date
- pay your visa application fee
- complete a DS160 online visa application at http://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV
- schedule an interview appointment— you will need 3 pieces of information to do this; your passport number; fee payment receipt purchase date(this may be back dated in accordance with banking regulations) and finally the 10 digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the Consulate General in Lagos on the date and time agreed for your visa interview. You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, a recent colour photograph, your current and all previous passports and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without these items will not be accepted.
- At the end of your interview, you will be informed if you qualify for a U.S. non-immigrant visa. If you are issued a visa, your passport and visa are returned to you at the document pick-up location you selected. If you are refused, the visa officer will return your passport at the end of the interview.
When can I apply for a US visa?
You can apply between 2 weeks to 3 months before you are due to travel.
United States Embassy, Nigeria.
7, Mambilla Street, Off Aso Drive Maitama District,
United States Consulate, Nigeria
2, Walter Carrington Crescent