Thank you for your interest in visiting Mexico. In order to apply for a visa, kindly request an appointment through MEXITEL, the free online appointment scheduling system of the Government of Mexico. You can reach it through the
following web address:
There, you will need to set up an account and choose the most suitable time for your appointment at the Consular Section of the Embassy. Once you have booked your appointment, the system will generate a confirmation letter, which you must carry with you to the Embassy on the day of your appointment. We strongly recommend that you request an appointment with plenty of time in advance in order to avoid any inconveniences. Please take note that, if you wish to reschedule for a more convenient date or time, or if you miss your appointment, you will need to request a new one following the same procedure.
Once your appointment has been confirmed, you will need to fulfill the following requirements. Please note that all documents have to be presented in both in original and copy:
1. Present personally the visa application form (attached) dully filled and signed, since your biometric information (picture and fingerprints) is required.
2. Present a valid passport, with at least 6 months left before its expiry date. If you are not a Nigerian citizen, you will also need to provide evidence of your legal entry into Nigeria, or of your legal residence in the country.
3. Bring with you one (1) passport sized color picture, with the following characteristics: front face, without glasses, and a white background.
4. Provide evidence of adequate economic solvency. This can be done by presenting any of the following documents which will be subjected to verification:
- Documents accounting for an employment or pension allowance with a monthly income equivalent to minimum $700.00 USD, free of taxes, during the last 6 months, or
- Investment documents or bank accounts with a minimum monthly average balance equivalent to $2,400.00 USD during the last 6 months, or
- Real estate property titles registered in the name of the applicant or entrepreneurial registry.
5. If necessary, you may need to take part in a consular interview.
6. Once your visa has been approved, you will need to make a $36.00 USD direct deposit at the Embassy’s bank account.
Minors. Children under 18 years of age should be accompanied by either both parents or their legal guardians, or present a notarized authorization from them to travel to Mexico (applies also for minors travelling alone). When travelling with single parents, widows or divorcees, the corresponding documents should be presented.
Sponsors. In case a family member or other sponsor will cover the travel expenses to Mexico, a notarized letter from such sponsor must be presented, stating its economic solvency, name, address, telephone number and identity. Family members living in Mexico can request an official invitation (Permiso de Internación) directly to any office of the National Migration Institute (Instituto Nacional de Migración – INM/INAMI) located along the country. Once the authorization has been issued, the guest must come in person and without previous appointment to the Embassy with a copy of such authorization to obtain the visa.
Exemptions. Applicants with a valid and open visa for the United States of America, of any type, can enter Mexico without the need of a Mexican visa, as well as those that are legal permanent residents in the USA, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom and the Schengen States. However, it is advised that you obtain a Mexican visa if you plan to travel frequently to Mexico.
Usually, if the abovementioned requirements are fulfilled and no force majeure impediment arises, in particular the availability of the internet service, the visa is issued the same day it’s requested. However, please be aware that obtaining a Mexican visa will allow you to travel to Mexico, but it does not guarantee entry to the country. For more information on this regard, please review the attached documents.
Please take note that neither the Embassy, nor its staff nor its security personnel, accept any type of gifts, tips, favors and/or additional payments. If someone in the Embassy requires an additional payment, or conditions any consular service to the reception of some kind of favour, present or additional payment, please report it immediately and directly to the Ambassador –ask to talk to him- or, in his absence, with the Deputy Head of Mission or the Head of the Consular Section. You should also bear in mind that the military police outside the Embassy, as well as the security guards at the gate, ARE NOT Consular Officers and as such you should not discuss with them any matter other than the permission to gain entry to the Embassy, which is authorized with the confirmation letter of your visa appointment.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the phone (+234) 9462-0630. The opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 17:00 hours. For visa applications, the schedule is from Monday to Thursday, from 09:00 to 14:00 hours.